Castle’s proactive support service goes further much further than you would expect. When we install a Firewall for a customer, you would be surprised at all that’s involved to ensure their protection night and day.
A key part of the security of your network comes from the investment you have made in your firewall. This device not only protects the perimeter of your network by reducing the risk of server attack from the Internet, but it also allows Castle to continually monitor the security of the firewall. We know that some organisations simply install a firewall and then assume it will continue to be effective. At Castle, we ensure you remain protected as we proactively monitor not only the Juniper firewall itself but also your Internet connection, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The Juniper firewall has been setup with strong security which means that it can only be managed from specific networks. Also, access through the firewall has been carefully designed to control which devices can communicate through the firewall (both inbound and outbound) and all passwords associated with the firewall are not easy to crack.
In addition to the security that the Juniper firewall affords to your network in its own right, the Castle Technical team proactively monitors the device for any attempted security breaches. Should any of the following events happen, an automated alert is sent to the Castle Service Desk for immediate attention:
· Internet connection line down / line up. Should the Juniper firewall lose connection to the Internet for any reason, an alert will be sent to the Castle service desk, which will allow a member of the Technical team to investigate further. We have open lines of communication with many ISP’s which means that Castle can work with your ISP (on your behalf) to resolve any connection issues, if required.
· Unauthorised remote access attempts to the Juniper firewall. Should somebody attempt to access the Juniper firewall directly and try to login, an alert will be sent allowing the Castle Technical team to investigate further and take any immediate action necessary. We take any attempted breach of security very seriously and will always progress any such issues with the ISP of the perpetrator to a point of a successful conclusion in line with the ISP’s Acceptable Use Policy. If we do not get a successful result from the perpetrators ISP, we can escalate any attempted security breaches further.
· Unauthorised remote VPN connection attempts. Occasionally bad guys will not bother trying to attack your firewall itself but will try to connect to your network by guessing remote access configuration details. We treat unauthorised connection attempts through a VPN gateway in exactly the same manner as an attempted connection to the firewall itself and will take any immediate action necessary to protect your network and we will also report any such attempted security breaches to the relevant ISP.
· Problems with connection from the firewall to your internal servers. Should there be a problem with the connection between the Juniper firewall and any of your servers, such as your e-mail server for example, the firewall will send an alert to the Castle Service Desk. An incident will then be raised and the problem will be investigated by a member of the Technical team, through to a successful resolution whereby the connection between the firewall and server(s) is restored.
· Successful login to the firewall and to any configuration changes. This will alert the Castle service desk to somebody gaining access to the firewall, which will be checked to ensure that the login was authorised and anticipated and immediate action will be taken if the access cannot be verified.
In addition to the aforementioned automated alerts, the Castle Security Team also receives a daily report from the firewall that is reviewed every morning. This report details all other non-critical issues such as licenses due to expire, which when read in conjunction with the automated alerts, allows Castle to maintain complete control over the security at the perimeter of your network.
Not only do we maintain a watchful eye over your firewall, but we also monitor your Internet connection too. Automated alerts will notify the Castle Support Service Desk of periods of unusual activity on your Internet connection such as a sustained period of high activity or if the entire bandwidth is saturated, which will be logged as an incident on our Service Desk for further investigation. As with the firewall monitoring, the Castle Security Team receive daily reports that details the usage of your Internet bandwidth for the previous 24 hours.
This report will highlight any unusual activity such as the Internet connection being used during the night which may warrant further investigation. There may be reasons for the Internet connection being used during the night such as authorised access, Windows updates or anti-virus updates taking place but there may be more malicious reasons such as a Trojan Horse transmitting keylog data gathered throughout the day to a bad guy.